Jacksonville University began its Advanced Specialty Education Program in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in August 2003. In 2017 the program was expanded to a 27-month program leading to a Master of Science in Dentistry and a Certificate in Orthodontics. The clinic is in the new, state-of-the-art Lazzara Health Sciences Center and looks and operates like a private practice in many ways. However, since this is a teaching facility, you will be treated by orthodontic residents working with experienced orthodontic faculty.
All of our orthodontic residents are already trained dentists completing advanced studies in the specialty of orthodontics.
As an institute of higher learning, we are able to bring some of the sharpest minds and latest technology to the patients we serve. Whether you’re considering braces for adults or for kids, at the JU School of Orthodontics, you’ll benefit from:
- Cutting edge technology, equipment, and products available only to educational institutions throughout their treatment process
- Expert care from our certified dentists and experienced faculty orthodontists
- Average cost for braces is 30 percent lower than most commercial practices
- Convenient scheduling to keep treatment on schedule for completion
- A note: Since we are a teaching facility, your appointments may take a little bit longer than they would at a private practice.
The Advanced Education Program in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “Accreditation without Reporting Requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.